Hello everyone! For today’s post, I decided to do another question & answer tag and answer a few questions about traveling! I hope you enjoy!
- What age were you when you first started traveling? I’m not sure if this counts, but I went on a family trip to Orlando, Florida when I was seven years old to visit Disney World and Universal Studios!
- What countries have you lived in? I’ve only lived in the United States, but I would love to live or study abroad in the Netherlands (specifically Amsterdam).
- Where is your dream place to go and why? The top of my list is either Peru to see Machu Picchu, or Egypt to see the pyramids. I would love to get to see as many wonders of the world as I can!
- What are your favorite memories from traveling? My favorite parts of traveling are those days that you just spend wandering around aimlessly, taking pictures, and getting gelato (of course).
- What three things do you bring with you when you travel? Why am I having so much trouble with this question?! I guess would bring my travel journal, my phone, and my passport.
- Favorite food you’ve tried from another country? Churros and chocolate in Spain definitely win this one.
- List a few words you’ve learned from travels? Since I have a pretty serious allergy to peanuts, I’ve learned how to ask “does this have peanuts” in many languages! I usually get laughed at for my horrible accent, but it’s always worth a try!
- The worst moment of your travels? When we were staying in Munich, Germany, my family and I decided to take a day trip to Salzburg, Austria since it’s just an hour or two away by train. Smart idea, right? We got on the train, and the security started checking everyone’s tickets and passports – passports, obviously, because you’re crossing the border. This definitely wasn’t so obvious for us when we were leaving the hotel considering that we forgot our passports! It didn’t take long for us to realize this, and panic spread amongst us as the security got closer and closer. My sister and I were sitting a few rows ahead of our parents, and when the security got to us my dad walked over and handed him our tickets, gesturing that we’re a group. The security checked the tickets, and went down the row until he got to our parents, remembered the earlier encounter, and moved on without checking our passports. How lucky is that?! I can’t even imagine the amount of trouble we would’ve gotten into if they realized we didn’t have our passports, so this was a pretty stressful moment for all of us.
- Where would you like to go to visit again and why? I would love to visit London or Milan again and explore more of each city. I feel like there’s so much we didn’t get to see in between all the frantic sightseeing.
- Do you have any plans for upcoming travels? Yes! We’re going on a trip to Vienna and Armenia in a few weeks; I’m beyond excited and will definitely be taking pictures the whole time! We’re only in Vienna for a few days but we might even be day-tripping to Budapest… You can definitely look forward to very aesthetic and detailed blog content coming soon!
- Why do you travel? I guess a short answer to this question would be for the experiences. Traveling teaches you so much about the world that a textbook could never do, and I think it’s extremely valuable to experience different countries and lifestyles first-hand. I also love seeing and taking pictures of beautiful places, which traveling is a major catalyst for.
- What climates do you prefer? Definitely anything warm or just mildly cold. I hate packing huge sweaters and coats, even though I usually prefer cold weather over hot. I also try to stay away from humidity (my hair does not cooperate with it too well).
- What is the first thing you check out when you go to a new country? Nothing specific, but probably the food :p
- Have you traveled around your home country and where is your favorite place there? I actually haven’t been to many states in the U.S. – I’ve been to California (where I live), Connecticut (where I was born), New York, Nevada, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, and probably a few more around the East Coast when I was very young (I can’t even remember)! I definitely want to travel around the U.S. more and cross a few more states off the list. My top locations at the moment are Seattle, Washington and Chicago, Illinois!
- What are your top travel tips for other people? Take a lot of pictures, but don’t let that stop you from experiencing your surroundings with your eyes too. Sometimes we just have an instinct to pull out our phones and take a picture, but it’s important to remember that you are actually there in person, and spending some time just looking around is so valuable.
Thank you so much for reading, and thank you YouTube Society for the questions!
Make sure to like this post, comment, and follow my blog for more travel related content!
< 3 Pauline
Blog | giraffeviewblog.com
Instagram | @giraffeviewblog
Tumblr | giraffeview.tumblr.com
Pinterest | giraffeviewblog