Hello everyone and I hope you’re all having an amazing week so far!
I usually post at 11 am (pacific time), but today I’m posting at a pretty random time so let’s just ignore that hehe
Yesterday afternoon, as I was passionately sipping my iced coffee while frantically finishing my math homework, I anxiously pondered what I could write for my blog post. After hopelessly staring at the wall for a solid ten minutes, it – out of nowhere – occurred to me that I could write about my favorite iced coffee recipe! I make this coffee almost every day, and I honestly prefer it over any Starbucks coffee because it’s –
a) much, much cheaper
b) a lot easier to make (especially because you don’t have to leave the house.. I did say this recipe was for lazy people, right?)
OKAY, let’s just get right into the recipe:
- Warm up a cup of water in the microwave for 60 seconds | This gets the water just warm enough for the coffee powder to dissolve perfectly.
- Add in a tablespoon of instant coffee and mix| I use Nescafe instant coffee, but I’m almost 100% sure that any other instant coffee will have a very similar taste.
- Fill up 2/3 of a bottle with ice | You need to add in a lot of ice to counter the warm water and cool the entire drink. I prefer using a tall water bottle with a straw to drink my coffee because it’s easier to carry around and if you use a mug, you get more of a water-y taste (great vocabulary haha). Also, I broke the built-in straw that came with my bottle, so I wash and re-use the same plastic straw. Just looking out for the environment 😉
- Pour the mix into the bottle | Pretty self-explanatory, but try not to spill anything because I definitely do that.. a lot!
- Add some milk | I don’t really have a preference with the type of milk I add in – I know some people prefer almond or soy milk, which is great! I usually add about 1 inch of milk (just enough to fill up the rest of the bottle – very precise, I know).
Then mix it all together, and you’ve got yourself the perfect iced coffee! I didn’t add any creamer or sugar, which keeps it a bit healthier and I can feel better about myself. It tastes amazing and gives me enough energy to get through the second half of my day (I usually drink coffee around 5/6 pm).
Thank you so much for reading my post! I hope you enjoyed and don’t forget to like, comment, or follow my blog! If you make my super-special-extravagant coffee, make sure to share it with me because I’d love to see it!