Hello everyone! Today I’m going to be doing a different type of post because I know many of you are going back-to-school (or just have a lot of work to do), and I thought it would be a good idea to share with you some of my favorite tips to stay motivated and make the most out of your day!
It’s hard to stay awake and energized throughout the day when you’re living off of 6/7 hours of sleep, so I completely understand the struggle of procrastination. BUT, this is my advice on how to stay motivated, be healthy, and get stuff done!
- Drink plenty of water. This sounds super cliche but trust me – it works! A lot of people like to chug a bottle of water in the morning, but I honestly prefer to do this right before bed. Also, just carry around a bottle of water (not plastic!) and drink throughout the day. (Bonus: it helps with your skin which is amazing because I’m always breaking out when I’m stressed!) Water keeps you both hydrated and awake when you’d probably rather be napping.
- Make lists. When you have a lot of work (or just things to do in general), I find it really helpful to use a calendar or planner to organize your thoughts. It helps me clearly see what I have to do and when I have to do it. It’s easy to get overwhelmed – especially at the start of the school year – so keeping a planner with you will help with due dates and assignments.
- Give yourself free time. A lot of times I feel like I have to be doing work all the time and if I’m not, I’m wasting time. This mindset couldn’t be more wrong! You have to give yourself time to relax and do something that really makes you happy, like playing an instrument, drawing, or just scrolling through social media for a bit. Before going to bed, I like to spend 15-30 minutes reading just to clear my mind and decompress. This kind of stuff is so helpful with staying motivated and healthy.
- Exercise and meditate. It’s easy to get swamped in stress and anxiety, but a really good way to release this tension is to literally – go outside. Whether it’s yoga, going to the gym, or just meditating, it’s important to find a way to release the stress and relax. I just recently started doing yoga and meditation it’s really helped me a lot. I generally have a lot of anxiety, so even small things like this have been very beneficial.
- COFFEE! Drinking coffee is like cheating your way into having energy, but I can’t really argue because I love coffee more than anything. It gives me the extra little boost I need to get things done when I have absolutely no energy. Also, it’s really fun to make it and I absolutely love the taste. Comment if you want me to do a post on how I make my iced coffee because that’s something I am very OKAY WITH DOING! 😛
That’s all for this post! I hope I have you some ideas and helped you in some way! I’m definitely not an expert but these are some of the things that have really helped me the past couple months.
If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to like, comment, or follow my blog! I post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, so don’t miss it!