Today’s post is a little different from what I usually do; but, I’ve been wanting to do a room decor/DIY post for a long time! I hope you enjoy and find them useful! 🙂
- Picture Collages – If you put a couple of framed pictures or artwork near each other in some collage-type arrangement it looks really nice and put-together. I tried to match their colors so it’s not too crazy. (My favorite is the plaid reindeer-so cute!) I really like putting up pictures in my room because it makes me feel at home. It’s cool to see how everyone expresses themselves.
- Stacked Notebooks – Although this is super simple, placing random notebooks on top of each other looks really nice and is also really helpful if you want to stay organized! I stacked some random notebooks/coloring books (you can get some for a really cheap price in stationary stores) and settled my planner on top.
- Decorating Notebooks – All you need is a plain/empty notebook, some magazines, glue, and scissors. I cut out some pictures from the magazines that matched with each other well and glued them randomly onto the cover of the notebook. I also added a twine bow to the front (for some detail). This looks very unique and turns a boring notebook into a decoration. This is also a great way to express yourself and give your belongings a personal touch.
- Head-band Organization – For my birthday a few years back, I received this cute basket and decided to put my head-bands in it. This actually looks really nice in my room and is a great way to keep items in one place!
- Jewelry Organization – Bracelets and rings are really easy to lose, so I placed them into a stationary organizer. Yes, I know this is supposed to be for paper clips and stuff… However, this is surprisingly useful since any organizer would work and you don’t even need to spend any money (if you already have an organizer)!
- Desk Mats – I always like to have a mat on my desk so the top of it doesn’t get dirty or drawn all over. I found a mat at Barnes and Noble that was also a monthly calendar and also had a coloring portion for each month! I definitely recommend getting something like this because it is really relaxing to take a quick break from work to either color or see what you have planned for the next day! I also had some that I finished coloring! It definitely takes time and patience but it is worth it in the end 😉 TIP: I recommend coloring the boxes in with colored pencils instead of pens because 1) you can still write plans for the day 2) it looks really cool and mind twisting!
I mostly used the Paper Mate felt pens. I love these pens! I’ve had the same ones for two years and I am still using them! They are super helpful because they can write thin but also last when you color with them.
Thank you so much for reading and I hope this post gave you some ideas! If you use any of these tips please share with me – I would love to see them! Also, please like or comment if you enjoyed! 🙂